BOINC again !? -- BINGO, BINGO and BINGO

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 3 03:53:57 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> Timothy Murphy:
>>> Perhaps if there was some minimal documentation for NM this might be clear.
>
> Rahul Sundaram:
>> Perhaps if you will volunteer to contribute, it would have been done by
>> now. If you want to wait for someone else to do the work, it is going to
>> be done when others find time and interest to do it.
>
> How could anybody without the needed information write documentation for
> it?  And trying to figure out documentation by reading the source code,
> apart from being a difficult task, is only going to sensible if the
> authors don't change what the program does.
>
> Program authors have to write the documentation.  Anybody else doing it
> will just be documenting guesswork.

Having written lots of documentation for programs I didn't write, I can
assure you that isn't the case. You can start writing about the basics
of what you can observe, search and find out and ask the developers for
additional details. Usually, they will be more than willing to help you
out. Recently, I wrote almost the entire PackageKit documentation this
way. If anyone volunteers, I will be glad to guide them.

Rahul