gnome-sudo rpm for Fedora 9?

Frank Murphy frankly3d-fedoracore at utvinternet.com
Thu Jul 3 13:50:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 22:52 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 08:22 -0400, Mike Burger wrote:
> > Is there a problem with just using "sudo" from a command prompt?
>
> I'm not sure I see the point, either.  If you try to run configuration
> GUI gadgets that require the root password, you're prompted to type it
> in graphically.  Command line usage isn't required.

Basically trying to avoid giving him too much to think about to begin
with.

it is an attempt (with me) to avoid him having to use the cli.

> If you're hoping to not let them know the root password, and use their
> own password with sudo, it's dead easy for the user of a computer to get
> past that little hurdle.

Not for him, he can browse the web, do an open write, launch a game.
that's about it, after that he gets flustered.
Hates reading with a vengeance, so man this, this --help, is a
non-runner.

If there a way to keep him gui I'm all eyes.

Frank