RedHat F8 Openoffice 2.3 Says My Personal Settings Are Locked

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Thu Jul 3 14:35:55 UTC 2008

I'm using the RedHat version of Openoffice 2.3 in F8. I've been using it
since January without any major problems. Now every time I start it, it
warns me that my personal settings are locked. I've looked through them
but don't see any "lock" file to unlock. Also, now when I try to insert
eps files, it doesn't recognize the format - I've been using them and
converting the with ooo without any problem until today.

Any idea on what may be wrong or how to fix it?

Rick B.