Verizon DSL ??

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Jul 3 19:00:55 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> I had a bad experience with dealing with setting up a Dialup connection
> with Verizon, once I mention Linux the help desk, a Indian ,  he drop me
> like a hot potato, I failed to do so, never in my 100 years of use of
> Linux was not able to setup a Dialup connection.
> This computer I'm trying to get on the Internet is a Gateway it uses
> those small pci cards, that doesn't have a ethernet card in it, and I
> will have to use a rj45/USB ethernet adapter, does Verizon DSL modems
> have output ports for rj45 or USB connections.
> I have a rj45/USB ethernet  adapter that works fine in Fedora.

I have Verizon DSL and they have both USB and ETH ports on them.  At
least the modem I have does.  It's a little more than a year old.  But
since I'm 300ft or so from the DSLAM I still get well over 6Mbps. :)

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support