Verizon DSL ??

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Jul 3 19:25:10 UTC 2008

Raymond C. Rodgers wrote:
> Jim wrote:

> Verizon's DSL department seems to be very supportive of Linux and BSD
> OSes, and the modem I got from them 7 years ago was RJ-45 only. Once you
> get set up, you may want to join their 0.verizon.linux USENET group for
> any tweaks or problems using Linux on their service. (I never had any
> with Fedora though, smooth sailing all the way.)
>
> Raymond

I've had my Verizon DSL for about 18 months now and I have to say it's
been a far cry from dealing with Charter and their TS team.  I'd much
prefer my brain being dipped in acid rather deal with Charter ever again.

That said, I've not had any problems getting my network working with
Verizon.  But then, I do this for a living and haven't needed their TS
for this.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support