zsh and keys setup

Bruno Costacurta pubmb.bco at pt.lu
Thu Jul 3 23:30:20 UTC 2008

On Friday 04 July 2008 12:07:38 am Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> On Thursday 03 July 2008 08:52:43 pm Reid Rivenburgh wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Bruno Costacurta <pubmb.bco at pt.lu> wrote:
> > > does your 'bindkey "^[[3~" delete-char' delete character on right or
> > > left cursor position ?
> >
> > It deletes on the right for me, which is what I think it's supposed to
> > do.  There's a backward-delete-char, too.
> >
> > reid
>
> It works. In fact, I modified the Profile setup of the konsole to Linux
> console for the input parameter.
> I'm using Fedora-9 + KDE-4 and found indeed in the 'Linux Console' the Del
> key defined, this definition seems (strange ?!) absent under the
> default 'XFree-4'.
>
> Bye,
> Bruno

Sorry for confusion as I mixed bash and zsh shells...
So I clarify here:
For the solution about non-working editing keys under zsh, I added / completed
(as mentioned by reid for 'Delete' key) the following in file ~/.zshrc :

bindkey -e
bindkey '\e[1~' beginning-of-line       # Home
bindkey '\e[4~' end-of-line             # End
bindkey '\e[3~' delete-char             # Del
bindkey '\e[2~' overwrite-mode          # Insert

Bye,
Bruno