Firefox 3 keeps losing my bookmarks

Chris Stark cstark at hawaii.edu
Fri Jul 4 05:21:43 UTC 2008

Hi All,

My home network consists of a few workstations that NFS-mount my home
directory which is hosted on a central CentOS 5.2 server (clients use
use autofs). Ever since I installed F9, I have lost my bookmarks several
times, and it seems that my whole profile gets corrupted. I have tried
both "async" and "sync" options with autofs, and it doesn't seem to make
a difference.

While it would seem that soft linking my profile to a local folder would
solve the issue, it would also mean that my profile would not follow me
between workstations. Is there anything I can do?

I have seen mumblings on various forums that lead me to believe that
Firefox doesn't work terribly well with NFS mounted profiles. Is this
true? If so, it would seem to be rather short-sighted, seeing as NFS is
the primary method of file sharing in Unix/Linux. Help!!! :)

Thanks in advance!

Aloha,
Chris Stark