Firefox 3 keeps losing my bookmarks

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 18:12:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 15:07 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Chris Stark wrote:
>
> > While it would seem that soft linking my profile to a local folder would
> > solve the issue, it would also mean that my profile would not follow me
> > between workstations. Is there anything I can do?
>
> I don't really understand your problem, but have you tried using foxmarks?
> Not sure if it would help you,
> but I find it useful when using several laptops.

Foxmarks works pretty well for bookmarks, though they don't encrypt your
data on their servers, so beware.

Weave is a new add-on (0.2 was just released) which is supported by
Mozilla itself and can handle bookmarks, cookies and several other
things. It does encrypt your data (in the client, so the server never
sees the plaintext). Unfortunately there are problems with the 64-bit
versions at the moment.

poc