BOINC again !? -- BINGO, BINGO and BINGO

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 18:25:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 15:03 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> >> Occasionally I try to access the internet from a WiFi "hotspot"
> >> but my experience in Ireland is that this is rarely as simple as it
> >> sounds.
> >> (Last time I tried in a pub here it turned out that they wanted me to
> >> pay
> >> the equivalent of several pints of beer.)
> >
> > OT, but there used to be a place in Westmoreland St. Dublin that allowed
> > you unlimited Wifi for the cost of a cup of coffee. We spent a whole
> > afternoon there a couple of years ago.
> >
> > Unfortunately, they've gone out of business ...
>
> Completely OT, but the story of this cafe (Bewley's) was very sad.
> The owner (Vincent Bewley) was a quaker saint
> who gave all the shares in his very successful group of cafes
> to the staff (with shares distributed equally, I believe) ...
>
> This might have succeeded in heaven, but not on earth.

Bewley's actually was extremely successful for over 150 years until it
closed in 2004. The Grafton St. branch has since reopened under new
management but of course it's not the same. I think they still have the
amazing stained-glass windows though.

Anyway, the place I'm talking about wasn't Bewley's, or indeed even
remotely in the same class.

poc