Nevermind!! - Re: RedHat F8 OpenOffice - Has Stopped Recognizing EPS Graphics

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Fri Jul 4 23:17:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 16:04 -0500, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Rick Bilonick <rab at nauticom.net> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 11:10 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> >> I'm running F8 (since January) and using openoffice 2.3 (RedHat's rpms).
> >> Now all of a sudden I cannot insert eps graphics nor convert them using
> >> draw to emf. It says it doesn't recognize the file format. It had also
> >> started saying my personal files were locked but re-booting has seemed
> >> to stop this. How can I fix this?
> >>
> >> Rick B.
> >>

> > It wasn't a problem with openoffice. It was a problem with the supposed
> > eps file (created from R using cairo_ps function instead of postscript
> > function).
> >
> > Rick B.
>
> Rick,
>
> You might note from ?cairo in R, in the Details section:
>
>   The cairo_ps output is not yet encapsulated (that is coming in cairo
>   1.6).
>
> Also, if you are using a current version of R, you might want to note
> the relatively new setEPS() function. See ?setEPS for more information.
>
> HTH,
>
> Marc Schwartz

Thanks for the information. I should have checked out the function more
but I was in a hurry. The problem I was having with the R postscript
funciton under F8 was that it was creating gray images instead of color
images. I couldn't figure out how to get the color. The cairo_ps
function produced color images. I used eps2eps hoping it would fix what
was wrong and it did. So I got the color and a usable eps file. I'll
look into setEPS.

Rick B.