Firefox 3 keeps losing my bookmarks

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Jul 5 00:23:23 UTC 2008

On 03Jul2008 19:21, Chris Stark <cstark at hawaii.edu> wrote:
> While it would seem that soft linking my profile to a local folder would
> solve the issue, it would also mean that my profile would not follow me
> between workstations. Is there anything I can do?

You could run your firefox from a shell wrapper. Treat the local folder
as a cache. Rsync from the master to the local folder, run firefox,
rsync back at exit. You could even do backups.

A little cumbersome, but probably more reliable. It should also get you
faster performance, since disc access will be local.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/