Problems with firefox 3 and home directory mounted via nfs

Russell Brown lists at loebbrown.net
Sat Jul 5 14:02:28 UTC 2008

I have my home directories on a file server which are mounted
via nfs to a desktop machine. Both server and desktop machine run nfs.
After a recent update, firefox 3 quit working. My home directory is
located on the server and mounted on the desktop by nfs.

Firefox 3 will start up, but does not find load information in
the profile such as the default start page and bookmarks.
Firefox 3 will not respond to addresses typed in the location
bar at the top of the page.

If I create a new profile on a local disk, firefox 3 works.

A search of google turns up the following similar problem,
but no solution.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-July/msg00395.html