Uninstall

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 6 10:54:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 02:57 -0700, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> Is there a way to just flat uninstall FC 8.  I need to make a
> workstation match a customer configuration.
>
> They use Ubuntu, which has the worst Installation program I have ever
> seen.  Thus I need to uninstall FC 8 to create open space.  Partion
> Magic from the XP partition craps the basket and claims it cannot even
> find the drive letter.

I don't recall the Ubuntu installation being difficult to repartition
the drive.  Just have Ubuntu take over the entire drive for itself.
Alternatively, pre-installation, you could boot from a CD and wipe out
the partitions on the drive (e.g. use the fdisk program, and write an
empty partition table - read its menus).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.