Fedora 9 install problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at wowway.com
Mon Jul 7 01:34:17 UTC 2008

Rance Hall wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at wowway.com> wrote:
>> The best way in my opinion would be to pass xdriver=vesa at the command
>> prompt so you could take advantage of a graphical first boot.
>> I believe hitting the tab will open a commandline where
>> linux xdriver=vesa
>> could be entered.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> Jim:
>
> I got a graphical install to come up with xdriver=vesa boot option, is
> there a similar boot hint for the KDE Live CD?  I tried xdriver=vesa
> but that diidnt work.
>
> Honestly I didn't expect it to work, thats an anaconda boot option,
> anaconda doesn't have to be on a LIVE CD

I have not tried out any live CD versions but expect that you would need
to boot into runlevel 3 and edit the Xorg.conf file or copy it from
another media like a USB flash or hard drive before starting X.

I am glad the xdriver=vesa option worked for you to get a normal
install. Just for information, you can specify different drivers other
than vesa if proper detection during install is the problem. (ati,
intel, mga, nv or whatever it may be for your machine.)

Jim

--
Dignity is like a flag.  It flaps in a storm.
		-- Roy Mengot