sendmail

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 8 06:16:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 20:37 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> My latest installation of F9 will not send mail when first started.  I
> must restart sendmail to send any mail but after that it works fine
> until I restart Fedora.

Are you using Network Manager?

If so, I had that problem until I stopped using it.  It didn't get the
network up and running in time, when sendmail fires up, and sendmail
never recovers.

An alternative would be to put a restart script into the Network Manager
Dispatcher directory.  That way sendmail will be restarted any time the
network goes down and up.  A smart script would check whether it should
restart a running service, or do nothing to a deliberately stopped
service.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686