F8 and a GPS -

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 8 08:15:17 UTC 2008

Bob Goodwin USA wrote:

> I have a Magellan 3100 GPS device that came with a USB cable and a
> collection of Windows software on a CD.

bob,

please excuse my questions if they have been covered. i thought i had a
security problem that was just a 'heart beat', so i am late getting to
read your thread.

now trying to follow thread i am a bit at a lost as to where you are with
your gps and serial problems.

i have been wanting to get a gps system and logged magellangps.com. i first
did a search for 3100 to see what you were using and it returned 0 hits, so
i am at a wonder there.

questions;

what computer are you using for mobile, or are you storing in gps and
downloading later?

did you find a linux program you could communicate with gps?

what is automobile you are using?

did you find a cure for serial problems?

i started with micros back in 8 bit s100 days when all there was was serial.

i used mobile ham radio for a while, and i have a few thoughts that bring
above questions.

thanks.

later.

--