Problem with system-config-printer.py

Germán Racca gracca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:20:40 UTC 2008

Thanks, by now I commented the lines in .bashrc related to Scisoft,
and then I have again python in /usr/bin and not in /scisoft/bin...but
if I want to use IRAF it doesn't work obviously...I will see how to
deal with that. Can I consult you if I have some problems with that?
Many thanks Michael!
German.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:48:15 -0300, Germán Racca wrote:
>
>> Yes, I have installed an astronomical program called IRAF from a
>> Scisoft package. It is clear now...but how do I can solve this problem now?
>> Do I have to uninstall the Scisoft package?
>
> There are scisoft packages which alter /etc/profile to modify the default
> $PATH and other environment variables. You could revert those installation
> steps. Then create a separate shell script which you use to alter your
> environment *only* if you want to run IRAF.
>
> --

Germán A. Racca
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais - INPE
Divisão de Astrofísica - DAS/CEA
São José dos Campos - SP - Brasil
--
TEL: 55 12 3945-7209