Gnus can't open attachment

Bjoern Schiessle bes at schiessle.org
Tue Jul 8 19:21:14 UTC 2008

Hello,

i'm using Fedora 9 with Gnus (Emacs) as my email client. If i get a mail
with an attachment and try to open it with a single mouse click i get
this message in the status bar:

Displaying /usr/bin/xdg-open /tmp/emm.3450FVJ/foobar.pdf...done

but nothing happens.

So i always have to first copy the attachment to my harddisk and than
open it.

It seems like the problem is that Gnus doesn't copy the file to
/tmp/emm.3450FVJ/foobar.pdf before trying to open it. At least neither
the directory nor the file exists in my /tmp directory after trying to
open the attachment.

Does anyone has the same problem?
Any solution for it?

Thanks,