F8 and a GPS -

Bob Goodwin USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jul 8 19:25:28 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Removing and reinstalling a package rarely has any effect on Linux
> (barring dependancy issues), since any personal configuration options
> you changed are stored in your own home directory.
>
> I suggest you create a new user account on your machine and try it from
> there. If it works, you have a config problem in your own account.
>
> poc

Thunderbird has been a continual problem for several days.  So far,
since re-installing it,  it has not missed a beat.  Earlier I would try
to delete mail and it would do nothing until I stopped and restarted
Thunderbird, it is not doing that now.  Other times Thunderbird would
just stop responding to commands at all and I would have to do xkill and
then remove a lock file to restore operation.  So far none of that has
occurred.  Remember, this was an upgraded system from F7 to F8.

You may be right, I'm still waiting for the ax to fall ...

Right now my satellite signal is blocked by weather.

Bob