Fedora / RHE compatibility

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Jul 9 01:50:11 UTC 2008

Giuseppe Sarno wrote:
> Ok thanks,
> I understand, so if I assume if wanted compatibility with RHE 4 update 6
> I can pick up CentOS 4.6 and so on.

The CentOS system is built from Red Hat's own source RPMs, with the
various labels, icons and whatnot changed to CentOS' versions so, yes,
it is compatible.  It is RHE, for most intents and purposes.

Oh, and PLEASE don't top-post.  Put your comments AFTER what you're
commenting on (as I have).

(older stuff snipped)
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-         "OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't TOUCH anything!"         -