Problem with wine/crossover after today's update to xorg-x11-server-Xorg

Mike C mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 10:35:32 UTC 2008

Mike C <mike.cloaked <at> gmail.com> writes:

Seems that this is a kernel related problem - I reverted back to
2.6.24.7-92.fc8
and now Excel XP runs fine under Crossover. The problem I was
seeing was right clicking a cell and clearing the cell contents
made Excel hang... and needing to reset all apps running under
Crossover.

Excel 2003 running under wine still won't work. It hangs as soon
as Excel loads, and even killing all wine related processes leaves
odd screen windows left over and it needs an X restart to clear.

Booting back to the newer kernel-2.6.25.9-40.fc8 causes Excel
to crash whichever route I take...