Any suggestions for Really Annoying Alarms !!?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jul 9 12:15:19 UTC 2008

Hi;

Yesterday, I once again missed an appointment/activity I really wanted
to make.  Its Fedora's fault so I thought I would ask here first.

Has anyone found a really annoying, really persistent alarm program or
applet that can find you anywhere?  What, from your personal experience,
would you recommend?

We have all been there.  The time to leave was approaching -- I said to
myself -- OK time to go, but I will just fix this little thing first.  I
dove into Fedora, and came up for air two and a half hours later.  I had
completely missed my appointment.

There is lots of alarm programs out there, but I want something that is
simple to set, then grabs you by the throat and won't let you go until
you do whatever it is you are supposed to do.

Years and years ago I used to have one in dos that was, in the jargon of
the day, Terminate and Stay Resident.  Once you set that sucker it would
never let you ignore it -- a rising crescendo of flashing screens and
beeps and baps -- really fffing annoying.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2