Internet DJ Console configure failure

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Thu Jul 10 01:40:08 UTC 2008

I'm attempting to install http://www.onlymeok.nildram.co.uk/index.html
and seem to have all of the required dependencies installed, yet I'm
getting a configure error that doesn't make sense to me.  What package
is configure attempting to check for here?

checking for gawk... gawk
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.4... python
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.5
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python2.5/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib64/python2.5/site-packages
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for JACK... yes
checking for VORBIS... yes
checking for VORBISENC... yes
checking for VORBISFILE... yes
checking for MAD... yes
checking for SAMPLERATE... yes
checking for SNDFILE... yes
checking for AVCODEC... yes
checking for AVFORMAT... yes
checking for SPEEX... yes
checking for speex_header_free in -lspeex... no
checking for PYGTK... configure: error: Package requirements (pygtk-2.0
>= 2.6.0) were not met:

Package gobject-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gobject-2.0.pc'
Package 'gobject-2.0', required by 'PyGObject', not found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables PYGTK_CFLAGS
and PYGTK_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.