Selinux and awstats

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Thu Jul 10 14:10:08 UTC 2008

On Thu July 10 2008, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Execute
>
> # semodule -B

I did this - there was no response, just returned a prompt

> And check if the contents of the two .local files match.
>
> /etc/selinux/targeted/files/file_context

I couldn't find the above but found:
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/   in which I found file_contexts.local

> is the directory that matchpathcon and other utilities that read the
> default file context use
>
> /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active is the files that semanage uses to
> generate the /etc/selinux/targetd/files files.  So I am not sure how
> they have gotten different.  Running semanage or semodule should replace
> the /etc/selinux/targeted/files/file_contexts.local with
> /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/files_contexts.local

the two files 'file_contexts.local' in the above folders match
(with the caveat that the first is in '/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files'
and NOT in '/etc/selinux/targeted/files' which doesn't exist)

> If this does not work, you can copy it your self.

I'll monitor things and see if this makes the problem go away. By the way, the
current content of those files is:

# This file is auto-generated by libsemanage
# Do not edit directly.

        /usr/lib(64)?/ati-fglrx/.*\.so(\..*)? --
system_u:object_r:textrel_shlib_t:s0

there is no mention of awstats as you can see
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA