How to boot from floppy to install Fedora 9 from CD?

cjakeman no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Thu Jul 10 17:07:51 UTC 2008

Hi Tim,

> Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 08:29 +0200, cjakeman wrote:
>
> Have you burnt the disc in a manner that it can be booted from?  (Try it on another PC, you can boot it without upsetting anything on the hard drive, simply don't start installing.)

Did exactly that and discovered that copying an ISO image to a CD is not enough to achieve booting. Now downloaded the free CDBurnerXP (which also runs on Vista) and this will burn an ISO image and automatically include the boot sector.

I've also scrounged a beefier PC, so I'm making progress.

Thanks for your advice (and also to Tom, Les and g),

Chris

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=275018&topic_id=58502&forum=10#forumpost275018
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame cjakeman at bigfoot.com.