Wine 1 and Office 2003?

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Thu Jul 10 18:56:39 UTC 2008

On Thursday 10 July 2008 09:33:53 Mike C wrote:
> Admittedly I have not tried VMWare but I note the other
> posting saying that VMWare does not run in F9 at present
> (unless of course someone knows a workaround)

vmware runs just fine in F9 - just updated my kernel-modules
today as a new kernel came in. I run vmware-server and have
multiple Windows vm's built for various things

I also have Office 2003 running on this machine, but with
CrossoverOffice, albeit, a very old version from at least two
years ago. But Excel runs fine - just tried.

I am curious as to why you feel you need Office to be compatible
with Word users. I have some people I support who are doing
translation work, and get most of their documents in Word, some
highly formatted and styled, but, they've never encountered one
they couldn't open with OpenOffice - they do their work and save
the translations back out as Word docs, and the clients are ne'er
the wiser.

I'm sure there are things that won't work, so that's why I'm
asking - what sorts of things have you encountered that you can't
handle with OO?

--
Claude Jones
Levit & James, Inc.