Fedora 9 will not update

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 19:03:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:40:52 -0400, Bob Barrett wrote:

> []# yum update | grep 'Missing Dep' | less
>
> (lots of snipping)

Bad, bad, bad. You snipped the important details that would help
in understanding the dependencies. As I've run the extras repoclosure
scripts the last few days, I would know about broken deps like
these.

> Error: Missing Dependency: perl = 4:5.10.0-22.fc9 is needed by...

...by what?

> Error: Missing Dependency: kdevelop = 9:3.5.2-1.fc9 is needed by...

...by what?

There are updates to "perl" and "kdevelop", so which of your packages
require exactly the old package releases?

> []# yum list installed perl
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> Installed Packages
> perl.i386 4:5.10.0-22.fc9 installed

Sure. You just misinterpret Yum's output. It tells you that it
cannot update because there are installed package which require
the old package releases of perl and kdevelop.