installing F9 on a DPT SCSI RAID

GianPiero Puccioni gianpiero.puccioni at isc.cnr.it
Mon Jul 14 08:19:19 UTC 2008

 Lukasz wrote:
>I have exactly the same problem.:-?  Did you find a solution?

My problem was this:
-----
I am having problems installing F9 on a machine with a SCSI RAID board DPT(i2o) SmartRaid
V. What happens is that the installation procedure gives no problems, I can see the single
disk produced from the three RAID-5 disks and I can partition, format and install
everything, but when I reboot I get:

Unable to access resume device (/dev/i2o/hda2)
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root/'
------
And so on...

I fixed this starting from the rescue disk doing a chroot to the original system and
rebuilding the initrd with the option --preload=i2o_block. I don't know if this is the
best way but it seems to work.

GianPiero
--
GianPiero Puccioni               |Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi-CNR
gianpiero.puccioni(AT)isc.cnr.it |Via Madonna del Piano, 10