Closed source modules will be banned from kernel?

Andrew Kelly akelly at corisweb.org
Mon Jul 14 10:39:03 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 00:10 -0400, max wrote:
> Andrew Kelly wrote:
>

> :^)knowledge of self is the best kind of knowledge to have , recognize
> the switch and then you can learn how to flip it.

Been looking for that one a while, indeed.

> > It was written by a journalist named Wulfing von Rohr. German title is
> > "Was lehrte Jesus Wirklich?"
> > and has the impossible sub-title of "Wie man auch heute noch über Jesus
> > mit Gott in Verbindung treten kann / Die verborgene Botschaft der
> > Bibel". I don't think the book has ever appeared in English. A rough
> > translation of the title would be,
> > "What did Jesus really teach? How even today you can connect directly to
> > God through Jesus / The hidden message of the Bible".
> >
> There is a line in there somewhere about turning the other cheek but it
> doesn't appear to have translated very well.

That's not the direction the book takes. It's more about a meditative
process.

<snip>

> I am interested in everything. Simultaneously my greatest strength and
> weakness. I never presume to 'know it all' but I act like I do :^) Its
> quite infuriating if your not me. Luckily I don't have that problem;^)

Ha! That was tasty, thank you. Gonna put that in a litte file I keep.

So, I've got a rather brief list of books and authors that have had an
impact on me in the recent past. I'll go ahead and list them here just
in case our off topic chatter has anybody interested. But anything
further we should take to e-mail for obvious reasons.

In no particular order:

"The Prophet", Khalil Gibran
"The Little Prince", Antoine de Saint Exupéry
"Monsieur Ibrahim and the Flowers of the Koran", Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt
"Die Physiker", Friedrich Dürrenmatt
"Der Eremit", published by Felix Schmidt
"The Game of Life and How to Play it", Florence Scovel Shinn
"The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ", Levi H Dowling
"The Alchemist", Paulo Coelho
"Generation Doof", Bonner / Weiss
Various writings by Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Emmet Fox, Madam Blavatsky,
Garreth Knight, Edgar Cayce, Gandhi and Jim Morrison.

Andy