Acknowledge consent before login

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Mon Jul 14 12:16:23 UTC 2008

I'm searching for a method to display a consent to monitoring statement
on either GDM or KDM in Fedora 9.  I'm not tied into either display
manager so whichever one is easiest to set up wins.  The message
displayed is about 25 lines in a standard text file layout, and all
users must acknowledge the statement by clicking an OK button before
they are allowed a login attempt.  This was pretty easy to do under Core
6 by having /etc/motd contain the required text and referencing it in
/etc/gdm/custom.conf like so:

[greeter]
InfoMsgFile=/etc/motd
InfoMsgFont=Courier Bold 17
GraphicalTheme=Bluecurve

Has anyone found a way to set this up in Fedora 9?  GDM doesn't seem to
pay any attention to the greeter section in custom.conf any longer.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil