Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 02:08:30 UTC 2008

On Jul 14, 2008, Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.co.uk> wrote:

> Or - do what was suggested you do a Looooong time ago, take your
> argument upstream and it'll filter down to Fedora eventually.

What upstream are you talking about?  I assume you're so misinformed
that you mean it's the kernel Linux upstream, but there's far more to
in that that.  Fedora chooses to add various pieces of non-Free
firmware to the distro, in addition to those that the kernel ships.
Your suggestion doesn't make sense.  Please get some information and
some valium before venting out frustration at someone who was just
answering a user's question.

> Thank you for your understanding.

I wish I could reciprocate :-)