SOLVED: F9 Problem setting resolution and video lockups

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 15 16:34:59 UTC 2008

Joe Klemmer wrote:
<snip>
> 	I finally got this working.  I had to go and find the exact specs for

great. give yourself a 'pat on back' and a 'that a boy'. you deserve it.

how far off where settings or did you notice?

if it were a perfect world there would be just 2 operating
systems, linux and unix, then oems would be more willing to
release their specs.

i started out in unix when it was a termcaps file with mono
and very little color. i spent many hours building settings
for monitors that where not in file. printers were even more
fun.

understandings from this has helped when clients friends have
lost oem manuals.

> I also needed to add the actual modes in the screen section.

you really only need what you are going to use, unless you are
going to do a lot of screen magnifying.

you might want to send a bug correction on for monitor. who knows,
some one else might buy one and try to use it in f9. ;o)

--

tc,hago.

.