F9: Installing Ndiswrapper for AWLL6070 (rt2870)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 17 02:02:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 09:12 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:
> got as far as getting the client to see the Access-points from the
> neighborhood which was awesome, but failed to set the ESSID in order
> to connect to my Access point.

Granted that you probably also have other problems, but are you making
things more difficult for yourself by setting your access point to not
broadcast its SSID?

Hiding it doesn't make a network more secure, at all.  But hiding it
does make it a bit more difficult for you to associate with the right
access point.

It's like taking all the labels off your tinned food.  You can still get
into each tin, but you've got to sample them all to find the right one.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.