yum update/install from a specific repo

PK superprad at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:27:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Rick Stevens <ricks at nerd.com> wrote:

> PK wrote:
>
>> hmm I don't want to change the repo files, prefer to leave them at its
>> default state and jus have yum do that for me. At least I don't have to do
>> that with up2date so I'm looking for a similar behaviour.
>>

> Then "yum --disablerepo=atrpms,livna update" will do it.

hmm close enough. But still not what I was hoping for. the above approach
sure works but I would have to know all the repo names. It might be easy for
jus a couple of repos, But what if I have 10 other custom repos . I do not
want to specify each of them with disablerepo jus to get updates from a
specific one. Was hoping for something simple like "yum --repo=blah update"
and this gets the updates only from repo blah and ignores the rest.