bind update keeps messing up write-rights

Gijs info at boer-software-en-webservices.nl
Fri Jul 18 15:48:51 UTC 2008

Hey List,

Not sure why this is happening so perhaps someone can explain this to me.
Whenever I update bind it messes up/resets access rights on my zone
files. Now normally this wouldn't be a bad thing, but because I have
dynamic updates on, for which named creates journalizing files, I end up
having non-writeable journalizing files. So after every update I end up
having to manually change the access rights on my jnl files.

Is anyone else having the same problem and/or is it supposed to be like
this?

Regards, Gijs