F9 + NM: wireless options don't come up from hibernate on Thinkpad T61

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Fri Jul 18 19:52:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 11:10 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I boot into a machine on wired ethernet. All is well, the wireless
> options come up as well as wired (which is connected). However, after
> I put the laptop on hibernate and wake it up, the wireless options are
> all gone, and the only option is the wired eth0 (without a reboot). If
> I go away from my wired network, rebooting is the only option.
>
> Does anyone have this problem? Any suggestions as to how I can fix
> this?

I occasionally see that it takes a minute or so for NM to re-scan on
resume.  If it fails to connect after that time, I've had success with

     1. Stopping NM
     2. Removing wireless driver
     3. Re-installing wireless driver
     4. Restarting NM

It may also help to create /etc/pm/config.d/unload_modules containing

        SUSPEND_MODULES="<your wireless driver>"

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu