F8 All multi media is TRIPLE SPEED!

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Jul 19 03:39:15 UTC 2008

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 21:22 -0400, Nat Gross wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> If the OP has more than one kernel installed, maybe try using the older  one?
>> I have had a few kernel upgrades since and I think my config keeps
>> only 3 kernels around.
>> So, I ain't rolling back a kernel at this stage. (It started a few weeks ago.)
>
> Well, if you only have several kernels still loaded, just choose the
> oldest one to boot on. See if that makes any difference. Trouble
> shooting with a shotgun here.
>
> Maybe some one more knowledgeable with kernel parameters could hand you
> something to append to the end of the kernel load string, during the
> grub boot, to throttle the cpu? Ric

Changing kernel versions didn't help for me. Funny thing - I changed
motherboards and now it is back to normal. I am not sure if it was
changing from the snd-intel8x0 driver to the snd-atiixp driver, or
the fact that the system recalculated something like CPU delay. (I
forget the exact message.)

Mikkel