Dependency hell again. Or is it still?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jul 19 13:21:37 UTC 2008

On Saturday 19 July 2008, Markku Kolkka wrote:
>Gene Heskett kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 18.
>
>heinäkuuta 2008):
>> checking for OpenGL... yes
>> configure: error: Gmerlin needs OpenGL and GLX
>> Compilation in gmerlin failed
>>
>> I've poked at yumex's search bar now for about half an hour
>> trying to get it to show me some GLX that isn't just the glitz
>> bindings.
>>
>> So what do I install to fix these dependencies?
>
>mesa-libGL-devel
It is installed:
[root at coyote gmerlin-0.3.7]# rpm -qa |grep mesa
mesa-libGL-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libGLw-devel-6.5.1-4.fc8
mesa-libOSMesa-devel-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libGLU-devel-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libGLU-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libGLw-6.5.1-4.fc8
mesa-libGL-devel-7.0.2-3.fc8
mesa-libOSMesa-7.0.2-3.fc8

Also in /usr/include/GL:
[root at coyote GL]# tree .
.
|-- GLwDrawA.h
|-- GLwDrawAP.h
|-- GLwMDrawA.h
|-- GLwMDrawAP.h
|-- gl.h
|-- glATI.h
|-- gl_mangle.h
|-- glew.h
|-- glext.h
|-- glu.h
|-- glu_mangle.h
|-- glx.h
|-- glxATI.h
|-- glx_mangle.h
|-- glxew.h
|-- glxext.h
|-- glxint.h
|-- glxmd.h
|-- glxproto.h
|-- glxtokens.h
|-- internal
|   |-- dri_interface.h
|   `-- glcore.h
|-- osmesa.h
|-- wglew.h
|-- xmesa.h
|-- xmesa_x.h
`-- xmesa_xf86.h

The error it shows onscreen is many kilobytes above the bottom of that file, and
it appears the failure is caused by its inability to find several functions in
these headers.  For instance, one of the searches in that attached config.log
is for the function "glAccum", but in /usr/includes/GL:
[root at coyote GL]# grep glAccum *
glew.h:GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glAccum( GLenum op, GLfloat value );
gl.h:GLAPI void GLAPIENTRY glAccum( GLenum op, GLfloat value );
gl_mangle.h:#define glAccum             MANGLE(Accum)

And there are quite a few similar failures, so many I feel like I'm lost in the
forest.

>If that doesn't help, check the configure.log file to see which
>header or library is actually missing.

It doesn't seem to say.  I've sent the authors of gmerlin a msg also, maybe they
can decode that config.log better than I seem to be doing.

>--
> Markku Kolkka
> markku.kolkka at iki.fi

Thank you Markku.