Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 19:13:44 UTC 2008

> FTR, I don't regard myself as one of the authors of
> GPLv3.  Although I
> have participated in the process to some extent, and
> contributed a few
> ideas that ended up in the final version, I didn't
> write any of the
> sentences in it.
>
> --

Sorry for the misunderstanding :(
Since you posted a draft on the list, I thought you were one of the authors :(.  I apologize and sorry for mentioning the Tivo battles, since I saw your name in the exchanges with Linus Torvalds.  Your name is also mentioned in the cdrkit vs cdrtools thread that discusses the incompatibilites in GPL vs CDDL licenses.  Like I have mentioned before some Linux Distros still keep cdrtools and have never adopted the cdrkit cd burning software(fork of cdrecord).  They do not consider the issue as critical?

Your name is mentioned in the Tivo battles with GPL() and Linus Torvalds

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/6/17/298

The language, the wording and clauses here and clauses there are very hard to interpret.  It is no wonder that many people do not like the GPL because of the bad things, the good things are the ones that keep it going :)  The binary kernel modules is a gray area as well :(

Regards,

Antonio