that old GNU/Linux argument

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 19 21:16:38 UTC 2008

On Saturday 19 July 2008 04:37:13 pm Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Björn Persson wrote:
> > Timothy Murphy wrote:
> >> Bizarrely, it seems one has to pay for a "Live Hurd CD".
> >
> > How is that bizarre? You know that a CD is a physical object, don't you?
>
> I usually download CDs and burn them.
> Like Fedora KDE Live CD, which I use to install Fedora.
> I guess there are people selling the Fedora Live CDs
> but I never heard of them.

There are quite a few such vendors. In fact. Fedora maintains two extensive
lists:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/OnlineVendors
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/LocalVendors

In addition, there are other vendors who regularly advertize at the
Distrowatch home page and other Linux (oops - I guess that should be
GNU/Linux) sites. Back in the day when I was on dialup, I used
www.cheapbytes.com; their service was prompt and their quality was excellent.

-- cmg