Minor GNOME and KDE menu annoyance

Stewart Williams lists at pinkyboots.co.uk
Sat Jul 19 21:33:12 UTC 2008

While I think of it, it's a minor annoyance, but when I install KDE and
am already using GNOME, all of the KDE menu entries are all mixed in
together with GNOMES.

This has irked me since a few Fedora releases ago. I like to keep them
separate and like to have both desktops installed. Is there a way to
accomplish this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure this wasn't always the case?

p.s. Kind of another question and probably deserves another post, but
being green and cutting down on list traffic, here goes ... What is the
idea of or notion behind firstboot? why can't the questions it asks be
done in the installer like it used to be like as was Red Hat 7.3 - just
wondering.

Thanks.