Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 22:51:41 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:

> Your meaning of object code is binary code?
>
> and the modifications is the source code?
>
> If I understand your point, they released versions of Linux only as binary, but without providing the sources(source code) for their modifications.

You have to provide source whether modifications are involved or not.
For example if you install Linux for a friend, you are obligated to
include the source of everything under GPL or a written offer to supply
it on demand any time in the following 3 years.  If you make the binary
available via ftp, it has been considered sufficient to make the source
available at the same time whether the recipient takes a copy or not.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com