I need help with Fedora

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 20 20:42:37 UTC 2008

On Sunday 20 July 2008 21:16:04 aakash sharma wrote:
> Hi Anne
>
> Thanks for the advice and help
> I just can't upgrade my RAM at least for 9 months.
>
> All i need to do is a project on Linux. That's why I want to install
> Fedora. My project doesn't require latest features of FEDORA 9.
>
> So, can u tell me which version of Fedora will work somewhat smooth like XP
> on my system.

I don't think any recent Fedora will work on 256MB RAM.  Does it have to be
Fedora?  I'd suggest PuppyLinux or something similar, for the present, and
move back to Fedora when you can get the extra RAM.

> Regarding partitioning, should a keep a logical NTFS partition before
> installing or should I first make a primary linux ext3 partition out of it.

Do you have Windows data in there|/  \if not, let the installer delete the
partition.  Linux partitions are best created with Linux tools, so again, do
it in the installer.

Anne