that old GNU/Linux argument

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 00:49:14 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 14:56 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>         'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful
>         tone,' it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor
>         less.'
>
>         'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean
>         so many different things.'
>
>         'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master -
>         that's all.'
>
>         	Through The Looking Glass, Lewis Carroll

Apropos, Poc, apropos. That is exactly nothing short of the situation,
who's the Master. No thanks.

And, it's the >demand< that we call "Linux" "GNU/Linux" is what drives
me to say "Linux". If for no other reason than being just plain being
ornery. The only reason the distros have caved is to just shut RHS the
heck up. It was called "Linux" for years, I still call it "Linux" and I
always shall. Period. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339