I need help with Fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 21 08:40:21 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> You see that from time to time (those who ask advice about something
>> they claim they don't understand, but won't accept the advice).
>> Sometimes you wonder if they're trolling, there's plenty of people who
>> get their jollies from deliberately wasting other people's time.

Anne Wilson:
> That's harsh.  Sometimes it's purely because they are cautious and don't
> actually understand the implications of the advice.

Maybe, but it's in there along with Windows users goading Linux users
into a lather for fun, and people who think that the best way to get
told how do something explictly, step by step, is to bitch on and on
that nobody helps them.

When a newcomer repeatedly ignores the same advice from different users,
or the same advice from the same people as being a necessary step in a
process, and despite explanations about why they should do what they're
informed about, the benefit of the doubt lessens considerably.

NB:  This (trolling) is a general comment, I was commenting on what "g"
said about someone else, elsewhere.  *I* am *not* aiming it at any
particular person on this list, at this time.  It was just a comment
that you see "that kind of thing" from time to time.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.10-86.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.