I need help with Fedora

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 11:05:09 UTC 2008

On Monday 21 July 2008 10:16:16 aakash sharma wrote:
> My project requires to build an GUI interface with a lot of C-code running
> in background.
> It's kind of power saving project.
>
> We are doing this on linux coz it's clear and we know where to strike.
>
> This can't be done on Windows.
>
> But my approach is not just for the project.
>
> I said, I want to switch to Linux as I am fed up of the Window Crashes and
> bore graphics
>
> So, my switching will require me to
>
> 1. Run Linux
> 2. Programming in C, C++, Python, Java
> 3. Use a WebServer like Apache
> 4. Listen to music files like mp3 and play videos of various formats
> 5. Browse internet. I have a WiFi USB adapter. It's RT73 USB Wireless LAN
> card. I need to use this.
> 6. Some office editing.
>
> So, that's what I want.
>
> I can experiment a lot on this system as it's old and I am gonna donate it
> to someone after my graduation.
>
> So, if I use linux then the person who will use my system will also use
> linux.
> That's what I think.
>
> I think now I have made myself cleared about what I want from linux.

Most of those things will be no problem.  I'm not sure that playing videos
would be a nice experience - they may well be choppy, as you can't easily
cache the stream in that amount of RAM.  You'd just have to try it and see.

USB wifi can be tricky, but there are people who would help you get this
going.  You might like to bookmark
http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/belkin/index.html as it looks as though
it might help you.

Anne