I need help with Fedora

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 21 11:35:58 UTC 2008

I'll just comment on a few bits of your post.  Others will chip in on
the bits that they can.

aakash sharma:
> 3. Use a WebServer like Apache

You can do that with your PC, no problems.  Even less powered PCs.

> 4. Listen to music files like mp3 and play videos of various formats

Music should be easy enough, I found XMMS to be better than others for
low spec machines.

Video's another thing, the abilities of your graphic card will help a
lot.

> 5. Browse internet. I have a WiFi USB adapter. It's RT73 USB Wireless
> LAN card. I need to use this.

Browsing the net might be painful, or quite okay.  Your graphic card
will play a role in how well, or slow, it draws pages.  But you might
want to try something else instead of Firefox, it's a bit greedy for
resources, in itself.

> 6. Some office editing.

OpenOffice.org might be a bit too demanding on your system.  If you find
it's too slow to cope with, you could try Abiword.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.10-86.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.