SHUT THE F*CK UP ALREADY!!!

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 19:05:12 UTC 2008

On Jul 22, 2008, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> Craig White wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 12:16 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> around long enough to know that they aren't going to change each others
>> minds on the topic as well. Perhaps they are speaking to the undecided.

+1

> I suspect the vast majority have already decided.

How could that be?  The community is growing at a rapid pace.  Every
day, lots of people get into it that are still trying to grasp what
this fedora thing is, and that have never heard of software freedom or
GNU before, and have just a vague notion of what Linux.  For all they
know, it could be spelled Linwx, short for Linwx Is Not Windows Xp.

:-)

Fedora claims to be a community "all about freedom and rapid
innovation".  I might as well help them understand what freedom means
when applied to software.  Or at the very least offer them a second
opinion that takes more of social responsibility than individual
convenience into account.