Now ON TOPIC, libGL.so, libMesaGL.so on missing list of F8 repo's

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Jul 23 22:53:35 UTC 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Too wild I think, this is a 32 bit machine, amd xp2800 TBE.
>>>
>>> But: yumex says faad2 is installed, but locate can't find it!  Mm, its
>>> libraries are not labeled faad2, just libfaad.
>>>
>>> And nm -D returns this:
>>> [root at coyote gmerlin-all-in-one-20080715]# nm -D /usr/lib/libfaad.so.0.0.0
>>> 4948c170 T faacDecClose
>>> 4948c140 T faacDecDecode
>>> 4948b740 T faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration
>>> 4948b700 T faacDecGetErrorMessage
>>> 4948c460 T faacDecInit
>>> 4948c240 T faacDecInit2
>>> 4948c820 T faacDecOpen
>>> 4948b760 T faacDecPostSeekReset
>>> 4948c3d0 T faacDecSetConfiguration
>>>
>>> So it is all there.  Me goes off scratching head in confusion.
>>>
>>> Thanks Rick.  Any more ideas?
>> Uhm, nope.  I'd do an "ldconfig -v" and verify it's seeing libfaad.so.*.
>> That'll ensure that libfaad is in the linker search path.
>
> Its there Rick, one of the first things I checked.
>
> But, the libfaad.so is in /usr/lib, and the makefile is looking
> in /usr/local/lib:
>
> gcc -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/local/include -Wall -Wmissing-declarations -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/gmerlin/lib -o .libs/bgavdump
> bgavdump.o  ../lib/.libs/libgmerlin_avdec.so -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libgavl.so
> make[1]: Leaving directory                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> `/opt/gmerlin-all-in-one-20080715/gmerlin_avdecoder/gmerlin-avdecoder-0.1.8/tests'
> Compilation in gmerlin_avdecoder failed
>
> So I made a softlink, putting the link 'libfaad.so' in /usr/local/lib & we'll
> see if that makes any diff.  The buildall.sh script takes about a half hour
> though.  Thanks for standing by me so far.
>
>> Also watch the output of the make and verify the link command includes
>> "-lfaad" somewhere.  If not, you may have to hack the Makefile and put
>> it in there (typically in the "LDFLAGS" or "LD_FLAGS" macro).
>
> The LDFLAGS is an @LDFLAGS@ alright, but I could not find the macro definition
> in any of the Makefile.* stuff, so I made the link instead.

Well, that's why I wanted you to do an "ldconfig -v" to verify that it's
in ld's normal search path:

	[root at prophead ~]# ldconfig -v | grep libfaad.so.0
         	libfaad.so.0 -> libfaad.so.0.0.0

That may be coming from one of the subdirs' Makefiles.  Try:

	grep -R LDFLAGS *

to see if it finds it.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-           Denial.  It ain't just a river in Egypt anymore!         -