Now ON TOPIC, libGL.so, libMesaGL.so on missing list of F8 repo's

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jul 24 01:51:54 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Rick Stevens wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Uhm, nope.  I'd do an "ldconfig -v" and verify it's seeing libfaad.so.*.
>>> That'll ensure that libfaad is in the linker search path.
>>
>> Its there Rick, one of the first things I checked.
>>
>> But, the libfaad.so is in /usr/lib, and the makefile is looking
>> in /usr/local/lib:
>>
>> gcc -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/local/include -Wall
>> -Wmissing-declarations -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wl,--rpath
>> -Wl,/opt/gmerlin/lib -o .libs/bgavdump bgavdump.o
>> ../lib/.libs/libgmerlin_avdec.so -L/usr/local/lib
>> /usr/local/lib/libgavl.so make[1]: Leaving directory
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> `/opt/gmerlin-all-in-one-20080715/gmerlin_avdecoder/gmerlin-avdecoder-0.1.
>>8/tests' Compilation in gmerlin_avdecoder failed
>>
>> So I made a softlink, putting the link 'libfaad.so' in /usr/local/lib &
>> we'll see if that makes any diff.  The buildall.sh script takes about a
>> half hour though.  Thanks for standing by me so far.
>>
>>> Also watch the output of the make and verify the link command includes
>>> "-lfaad" somewhere.  If not, you may have to hack the Makefile and put
>>> it in there (typically in the "LDFLAGS" or "LD_FLAGS" macro).
>>
>> The LDFLAGS is an @LDFLAGS@ alright, but I could not find the macro
>> definition in any of the Makefile.* stuff, so I made the link instead.
>
>Well, that's why I wanted you to do an "ldconfig -v" to verify that it's
>in ld's normal search path:
>
>	[root at prophead ~]# ldconfig -v | grep libfaad.so.0
>         	libfaad.so.0 -> libfaad.so.0.0.0
>
>That may be coming from one of the subdirs' Makefiles.  Try:
>
>	grep -R LDFLAGS *
>
>to see if it finds it.

That outputs a very copious listing, 100 lines or more.

I just found another error too.
[root at coyote gmerlin-all-in-one-20080715]# nm -D /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51 |grep
faac
         U faacDecClose
         U faacDecDecode
         U faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration
         U faacDecGetErrorMessage
         U faacDecInit
         U faacDecInit2
         U faacDecOpen
         U faacDecSetConfiguration
         U faacEncClose
         U faacEncEncode
         U faacEncGetCurrentConfiguration
         U faacEncGetDecoderSpecificInfo
         U faacEncOpen
         U faacEncSetConfiguration
48045a60 D libfaac_encoder

another dependency gmerlin needs, this is from
ffmpeg-libs-0.4.9-0.42.20071121.lvn8.

Adding my softlink to the libfaad.so seemed to satisfy that, but then it exits
later still with:
fileindex.c: In function ‘bgav_file_index_dump’:
fileindex.c:88: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects type ‘long int’, but argument 2
has type ‘int64_t’
fileindex.c:99: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects type ‘long int’, but argument 2
has type ‘int64_t’
fileindex.c:110: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects type ‘long int’, but argument 2
has type ‘int64_t’
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecDecode'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecInit2'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecClose'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecOpen'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecSetConfiguration'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecInit'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to
`faacDecGetCurrentConfiguration'
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51: undefined reference to `faacDecGetErrorMessage'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [bgavdump] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

so I ran nm -D on the libavcodec.so.51 and got the above listing full of the
U's.

Is there someplace besides livna to get this stuff?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)